Friday, February 22, 2019

Do You Blame Yourself For Things That You Didn't Even Do??

Hello,

In this post I wanted to share with you a recent question I received from one of my youtube videos.

I have re-written it slightly so it makes more sense for you in this particular post.


From, (Anommonous)

hi nicholas, wat should i do to interpret things that occurs in my daily life in a more positive way? im having tendency to blame myself if anything goes wrong even though i do realize that i did nutin wrong

Nicholas:

Hello,

If you realize that you did nothing wrong, what exactly are you blaming yourself for?

A great way to interrupt or ( better yet - utilize) negative things that occur in your daily life is to ask yourself questions that are directed towards the positive.

When you feel bad, DON'T say to yourself...

"Why am I such a failure?"

"Why does this always to happen to me?"

"Why do I always get things wrong!" etc...


When you ask your mind a question, it gives you an answer, ask a negative question and you'll get a set of negative answers which don't feel good.

But by asking yourself questions that are directed towards the positive, such as...


"How can I learn from this?"

"What is it about this situation that has helped me to become a stronger person?"

"How can I look at this situation differently in ways that allow me to feel better about myself?"


By doing this you are giving your mind a better direction to move towards. You are taking a negative experience and utilising it, transforming it and purifying it into positive new learnings....

You are also expanding your positive frame of reference, which allows you to come up with a greater positive foundation of ideas and resources that help you to succeed in the future.

Remember your mind will always give you what you ask for!

Whenever you notice that your blaming yourself (for something that you didn't do :-S ... STOP, become aware of what's going on as it's happening, and use your mind in positive directions by asking yourself better questions to support your self worth.

Turn negative into positive, by asking the right questions! And be careful what your talking yourself into! :)

Hope this helps

- Nick

No comments: